Thu, 27 November 2014
Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be a professional athlete?
Or perhaps the cover model to the top fitness magazines such as Men’s health or Muscle and Fitness…?
And even what it might be like to be sponsored by one of the leading supplement companies and whisked all over the world to showcase your unique talents?
Yeah, me too.
So this week on the podcast I interviewed Ryan Terry, who is that guy.
Not only is he a great athlete and living the dream, he’s a top bloke too.
In this episode we chat:
- Why goal setting has been so important to his success
- What it really takes to be a professional athlete
- How improving his nutrition transformed his physique
- Ryan’s peaking strategies & techniques to look his best
- Ryan’s training template and key principles to gaining muscle & strength
- and loads more
This is your chance to get top level information from one of the best athletes in the UK.
You’ll also get a laugh or two along the way.
Wed, 19 November 2014
I’m joined this week by Anna Marsh for a listener Q&A podcast on all things High Performance Living.
- Understanding the nervous system and how that can work for and against us
- Heart rate monitoring for enhancing recovery from training
- Body part split training Vs full body training
- 5 simple yet effective techniques to get stronger
- How to use training and nutrition to maximise testosterone levels naturally
Wed, 12 November 2014
This week on the podcast I’m joined by Gen Gordon, a director of Tactic Counsel (http://www.tacticcounsel.com).
We chat about business within the health and fitness industry, something that’s new on the HPL podcast and a topic that I’ve never previously talked about.
Gen specialises in brand marketing for coaches and athletes, as well as sports sponsorships. So if you’re a trainer or coach working in this industry, this is a must listen podcast.
- The key aspects to consider when starting your own fitness business
- The fundamentals to creating a brand and identity in the industry
- Why identifying your core values is essential
- How to create sustainability in a busy and competitive industry
- The benefits to gaining sponsorship and what this really means
Full fat show and one not to miss.
Mon, 3 November 2014
This week on the HPL Podcast I’m joined by fellow nutritionist Anna Marsh to answer
- Balancing your meals for maximum performance
- Do we really have body fat set points
- Understanding your hormones for optimal fat burning
- The real benefits of having a ‘re-feed’ day when dieting
- Does intermittent fasting work for females
- Maintaining muscle and strength while endurance training
- Does DNA testing really work and why